Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just Breathe

Yesterday was my first ever three hour exam. It was in chemistry. I did the reading. I did the practice problems. I did the practice tests. I studied an average of 8 hours a day for six consecutive days. I pushed all other assignments aside to study chemistry. I got a 35.

The class average was a 55. It is a class of 206 students. Clearly something is wrong. There will not be a curve. My grade in the class is solely based on four tests.

Luckily, the lowest test score is dropped. I now have a chemistry tutor. I will be attending more office hours. I will get through this and I will do better next time. If I do not do better my mom has promised to not disown me if I change my major to Wildlife Biology which requires much less chemistry.

Life moves on and so will I.

3 comments:

  1. ahhh scary. don't worry..at least you aren't alone and everyone else is just as confused. I am convinced I will fail math for liberal arts majors. It is hard stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, sweetie. You did your best, and if everyone does that poorly, then clearly there is something wrong with the teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I'm kinda over it now. I'm just going to have to work harder next time. And my mom is being so helpful which is great. It was just a shocker of a grade.

    ReplyDelete