Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. This year I find myself appreciating it more then ever. Here are some things I'm thankful for.
1. My family - I never realized how much I relied on them before I went to college. They (especially my mom) are my support system and I am so lucky to have them behind me.
2. My friends - right behind my family my friends are (obviously) the people I turn to. I somewhat expected to lose touch with a lot of people after college but luckily I haven't yet. I can't wait to see every one again if not on this break, the next.
3. My health - I've always been a healthy person so I didn't gent the flu shot even though swine seemed to surround me on campus. The peak of swine seems to be ending (for now) and I haven't yet gotten sick (knock on wood). I'm not quite sure how I would handle myself sick in college. On a broader scale, I'm happy to just be a functioning being without any genetic disorders. The more I learn about bio the greater my astonishment is on how the hell nothing went horriblywrong with my DNA - it simply amazes me
4. My pets - I love my puppies and my cats. I miss them lots in school. I've considered sneaking in a pet. I'm leaning towards a snake but while I'm home I'm quite content with my three dogs and two cats who all seemed to miss me as much as I missed them because none of them leave me alone.
5. Food - I love food and I am so fortunate to be a part of a country that has such a surplus of food that we designate a holiday to it. I hope to help spread the wealth.
6. College - Even though I am not sure if I am going to stay at UVM, I am so thankful for the experiences that I have had there and the friends that I have made. I've learned a lot about myself and my values.
7. AP English - quite literally if it wasn't for AP English I would not be the person I am today. Those classes taught me to enjoy being smart and I thank all of the people that were a part of it.
8. Music - I regret not joining a choir this semester and I miss singing a whole lot but I am so thankful that I was able to be in multiple choirs for four years of my life and that my mind was opened up to all different experiences through music. I am so thankful that when I get stressed I can sit down and play the piano or listen to the Messiah and its calms me.
9. My grandparents - I love my grandparents. We understand each other. Part of me wishes that I grew up in their time but I'm happy to be able to connect to it through them.
10. My Computer - I can not imagine life with out a computer. I feel that at some point in my life I will want to take a year long break from modern technology in order to connect with myself some more but for right now my computer is a life saver.
From this point forward expect less and less meaningful things
11. Clocks - I wouldn't have a clue when I was without them.
12. The fact that my Italian Cheesecake has almost finished cooking - I can go to sleep soon.
13. The fact that I get to quite my job as a glorified telemarketer in a few weeks - I am so sick of asking people for money (even though I'm quite good at it)
14. Microwaves - Easy Mac and other microwaveable meals that I once used to stick my nose up at have recently become a main part of my diet and its really difficult to make said meals with out a microwave.
15. Goldfish - another staple to my diet.
16. The fact that both my italian cheesecake and chocolate truffles look like that will taste amazing tomorrow.
17. The Sun - with out it plants could not grow and I would have nothing to eat.
18. My House - its warm and cozy and home.
19. My Eyes - they are the one part of my body that I am vain about. I love them .
20. Pianos - if pianos didn't exist I wouldn't be able to play them.
21. The fact that a whole bunch of sciency stuff was figured out way before I was born - I just can't imagine my generation taking the time to figure out complicated formulas or periodic trends or anything like that when would we have the time to check our facebooks?
22. That my family slogan is "Another Sudia Adventure" - it gives me a really good outlook on life.
23. Smelly Candles - I know that I'm not supposed to do this but nothing make my dorm feel more homey then lighting the same candles that my mom lights and making it smell like home.
24. The fact that I only have nine more of these to write - harder then I thought.
25. Dark Chocolate Yogurt Covered Raisins - are delicious.
26. knowing That I can Capitalize Any word that I Want to - this is an odd thing to be thankful for.
27. Soap - if it didn't exist there would be many smelly people in this world.
28. Sleeping In - for me this means sleeping to 8 or 9 but I love it all the same.
29. Spices - bland food isn't good.
30. Sexual Reproduction and Cultures - I love learning about how other people live so I am so thankful that people aren't clones of one another and develop differently with different thoughts.
31. That this list is almost done.
32. That I live in a beautiful area of the world both at home and at college.
33. That I am alive.