Thursday, July 30, 2009

I officially have 22 days until I go to college. Wow.

I'm not really sure what else I wanted to say other than how surprisingly close college is. I've been looking at schools since literally the fourth grade and now that my wait is basically over I'm becoming a little slap-happy.
I recently found out that my calculus credits from Seton Hall transfered to UVM so I switched into calc II ( i might be crazy) which means that after this semester I never have to take calculus again. Whoo! I also changed my chemistry lab up so instead of it being late night on a thursday it is now early in the morning on a wednesday and only has 10 people in it. I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing. Currently my body clock tells me to wake up around 8 I'm hoping that I remember to pack this clock with me come August.
I'm a little worried about fitness. UVM's campus is definitely walkable so I'm planning to walk most of the time but when those huge storm clouds roll in carrying rain and sleet and snow and hail I may just have to take the bus. Which brings me to another issue, public transportation. I do not know how to use it. Yes the busses on campus only make like 5 stops and I think that there is only one line but I guarantee you that I will miss a class at least once because of them. Going back to fitness I'm looking at the class schedules and they don't quite match up with my schedule. It looks like I am going to have to take a 6:30 am spinning class if I want to get cardio in.
As far as the dorm situation goes I am a happy camper. I found out that I got into the GreenHouse which is basically a dorm where the students sign a contract to "greenafye" their life. I'm pretty stoked about this. I want to learn how to live a green lifestyle so that I can lessen my impact on the earth throughout my life. The dorms are also located in the newest (eco-friendly) and nicest dorms on campus. I'm pretty sure I only have to share a bathroom with a max of 3 other people and we have a fire place.
If you want to check it out here's a link. Click on "Virtual Tour"
I don't know who my roommate is yet. I find that out the middle on August which is only a week before I leave which means that I don't have much time to coordinate who brings the microwave and who brings the mini-fridge, or who is going to stock up on bathroom cleaning supplies (one down side to the GreenHouse is that we clean our own bathrooms). I suppose these things will work themselves out.
I've been going college shopping crazy lately. I have everything I need minus laundry detergent, cleaning supplies, a mirror and my books. I can't buy books until August 8th which makes me a little nervous. UVM has this thing where if you buy stuff through the campus store they pack it and bring it to your room for you so that its there on moving day which is great except for that fact that you can't get a Chemistry book for less that $150. My plan is to go through Amazon and buy books for $5 but I just don't know if they will be shipped home in time.

Thats about it. Lots of stuff to look forward to. I still can't believe that its actually happening.

3 comments:

  1. I am worried about the shipping on books, too. I am always a " be prepared" kind of girl so I like to have everything for school beforehand, but everyone is saying "Wait until you know which ones you'll need and buy those" but by that time, well, I WILL NEED THEM. lol And you are far ahead of me on shopping as well. I have not done any, which I am sure will come back to bite me in the arse. Procrastination is my middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6:30 am?! *dies*

    I don't decide my class schedule til a few days after I get to college, so I have no idea what I am going to do about books. Excuse me while I go panic some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My books are posted until the 3rd so I'm nervous too lol. And a green life dorm? Pretty sweet...I have a communal anti-green bathroom so I have to get myself some new flip flops and a shower bucket. Yay college!

    ReplyDelete